3M 1870+ Flat Fold P2 Mask – Individually wrapped
The 1870 healthcare respirator is designed to help provide respiratory protection for the wearer against certain airborne particles. It meets CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control. As a disposable particulate respirator, it is intended to reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles including those generated by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments. As a surgical mask, it is designed to be fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious materials.
- Made in the USA
- FITS A WIDE RANGE OF FACE SHAPES AND SIZES
- CURVED LOW-PROFILE DESIGN conforms well to nose and eye contours, allowing more room for eyewear
- DESIGNED TO DIRECT EXHALED AIR AWAY FROM THE NOSE PANEL, helping reduce eyewear fogging
- INNOVATIVE CHIN TAB designed for ease of positioning, donning and adjustment
- INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING and flat fold design provide convenient storage and portability prior to use
- Department name: unisex-adult
Must be followed each time the respirator is worn. Before fitting device, ensure hands are clean.
- All respirator components should be inspected for damage prior to each use.
- With reverse side up and using the tab, separate top and bottom panels to form a cup shape. Bend slightly at centre of the nose clip.
- Ensure both panels are fully unfolded.
- Cup respirator in one hand with open side towards face.
- Take both straps in other hand. Hold respirator under chin, with nose piece up, and pull straps over head.
- Locate the upper strap across the crown of the head
and the lower strap below the ears. Straps must not be twisted. Adjust top and bottom panels for comfortable fit, ensuring panels and chin tab are not folded in.
- Using both hands, mould nose clip to the shape of the lower part of the nose to ensure a close fit and good seal.
- Pinching the nose clip using only one hand may result in less effective respirator performance – use two hands.
- The seal of the respirator on the face should be fit checked before entering the workplace
• Intended to be worn by operating room personnel during surgical procedures to help protect both the surgical patient and the operating room personnel from transfer of microorganisms, body fluids, and particulate material.
• Always follow User Instructions and use in manners as indicated..
Do Not Use for
• DO NOT use in industrial settings
• DO NOT use for gases or vapours (i.e. anaesthetic gases such as isoflurane or vapours from sterilant such as glutaraldehyde.)
• DO NOT use in any manner not indicated in the User Instructions
Storage and Transportation
Shelf life of the unopened product is five (5) years from date of manufacture when stored within temperature range of -20°C to +30°C and at less than 80% relative humidity. End of shelf life date is marked on the product packaging. Before initial use, always check that the product is within the stated shelf life. When storing or transporting this product use
original packaging provided.